Mxblog24 puts its expertise at your disposal by offering tips and advice to help you establish your communication strategy …
In this article, I explain how to adapt marketing strategy during containment due to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Following this crisis due to the coronavirus / Covid-19, most SMEs have been strongly impacted. For us, it is important to remain responsive and support our customers during this time.
The measures taken on March 21 by the Central Bank of West African States to support the economies of the UEMOA zone and make it possible to continue supplying the economic system with substantial financial flows and to support businesses in this critical phase of the crisis are an important first step for the survival of our economies.
- Digital marketing at the service of companies in times of the “coronavirus crisis”
- Your marketing and communication strategy
- Website content
- Content Marketing
- Press releases and articles
- Social networks
As a digital company, our role is to support companies by helping them adapt their digital strategy.
There is only one solution for this: digital marketing. Redefine your strategic messages, and continue to communicate online!
Digital marketing at the service of companies in times of the “coronavirus crisis”
During the 2008 financial crisis, most B to B companies decided to play it safe and reduce their communication and marketing budgets.
However, today we have an asset, which was much less popular at the time: digital marketing!
The main advantage of digital marketing, besides the fact that it does not require face-to-face interaction, is that it is immediately measurable and provides “KPI” (key performance indicators) almost directly.
By adapting your company’s digital strategy, it is faster to obtain a measure of your return on investment and thus adapt its strategy every two weeks, or even every week.
Review your marketing and therefore communication strategy
One of the biggest worries of businesses on a daily basis is the lack of time: no time to update the website, other priorities, overload of work, etc.
So it goes without saying that now is more than opportune to ensure that all these updates will be made to resume activity, once the coronavirus crisis has passed.
Now is also the time to redefine the goals of your marketing campaigns and take a deeper look at the performance of past efforts.
So here are some ideas of things you can optimize during this lockdown period:
- Make sure it contains the right marketing messages and the right calls to action to best guide visitors in their research.
- Check the organic rankings of your current website and optimize it for the search engines to improve the quality and quantity of your web traffic.
- Use this opportunity to generate ideas for new blog posts for example. Why not (finally) take the time to think about new articles: they are the opportunity to tackle complementary subjects, which constitute the DNA of your brand image.
Press releases and articles
- Think about topics you can educate the media and your customers about, and write professional articles for the press.
- Take a step back from what really interests your targets. From this will flow your strategy to improve engagement on your social networks. These strategies can also be enriched by a number of content: from writing white papers to creating webinars.
- Write the scripts for your next corporate videos.
Hopefully the coronavirus crisis will end soon, but no matter how long it takes, you can take the opportunity to strengthen your digital strategy.