This article will assist you in creating a free website with Blogger without the need to buy a domain or hosting provider. Blogspot is a platform that allows you to create and host a website for free.
It is owned by Google, so you don’t have to worry about server downtime or other concerns.
Furthermore, there are dozens of free blogger themes that you may utilize to give your website a professional appearance. 🤩
Let’s begin with a step-by-step approach to creating a free website.
The Basics of Creating A Blogger Account (Blogspot.com)
Login or Sign up for blogger
The first thing you need to do is create a Google Account if you don’t already have one. If you already have a Google Account, you can easily log in to Blogger by entering your Google Account details.
You should see this page after logging into Google’s Blogger website. The first step is to start a blog with a name that clearly represent you. For this instance, I’m going with MakeMoneyBlog70.
Install a free theme on your Blogger website: Free Website With Blogger
After you’ve created your blog using the domain name of your CHOICE.
Exmaple MakeMoneyBlog70.Blogspot.Com,Then go to the left side of your Blogger dashboard and select “Theme.” Select a Blogger template that is already accessible to you. But I wouldn’t say I like it all the time.
So I’ll pick one of the most professional-looking free Blogger themes. You may do the same by downloading and uploading a theme for your free Blogger website.
6 Best Free Blogger Templates for Any Niche (2021)
These templates are entirely free to use. However, if you like, you can upgrade a few templates.
To begin, let’s choose a Blogger theme that caters to the education sector.
LMS Education Blogger Template
Do you wish to make an educational website with Blogger from Google? Look no farther than the LMS Education template, which includes everything you need to get your learning management system up and running.
It’s an excellent choice if you want to launch your courses or a website like Mxblog24.com.
There are several notable elements that have been elegantly merged into the theme. Let me walk you through the advantages of using this template.
- Take use of the dynamic menu that can be edited.
- Remove any menu without using any code.
- Make a big deal out of your fantastic testimonials.
- Assist with the responsive dropdown menu
- Display all of your Blogger Labels in a unique way.
- Easily change the background image or logo.
- Display your social media profiles with stylish buttons.
- Display your most recent courses or classes, organized by ‘Labels.’
- Display a list of the most recent blog entries with featured photographs.
The templates have a few credit links. You might also wish to acquire the LMS Education Pro for $19 to get rid of them.
It’s a one-time fee with lifetime updates. It is, without a question, one of the best free blogger themes for teachers.
Polar Blogger Template for General Blogs
Polar is a full-featured Blogger theme with a simple style. It’s optimized for both SEO and readers. You can also use Blogger to establish a professional blog in minutes. All of the portions provide a pleasant viewing experience for you and your readers.
Here are a few of my favorite aspects about Polar:
- An appealing ‘author box’
- Breadcrumbs for easy navigating
- A drop-down menu that is responsive
- On the right, there is a subtle popular post widget.
- Load more posts in the Magazine format.
- Ideal for a variety of blogs ranging from technology to recipes.
- The social widget aids in the placement of your social profiles.
- To highlight credits and key pages, use a clean header and a basic footer.
It is completely free to use. However, if you want to erase credits and enjoy premium features, Polar Premium is the way to go for only $12.95. But don’t forget to check out a live demo to see how it looks. Without a doubt, it’s one of the best free blogger themes for writers.
Camera Blogger Theme for Photography & Travel
If you want to create a photography blog or a vacation diary, the Camera Blogger template is an excellent choice. It’s SEO-friendly and works well on all devices. Despite this, it loads quickly. The color contrast is set to dark by default, but you can change it to your liking.
Here are a few features you should be aware of:
- Make a visually appealing feed for your images.
- Allow your readers to enjoy the most aesthetically pleasing responsive layout.
- Utilize the drop-down menu.
- An animated carousel will greet your readers.
- Display the ‘tags’ connected with each post.
- Adopt clutter-free typography.
- Using a social widget, you can gain more followers.
- You can add as many widgets as you wish.
- Under each post, you’ll find a list of related posts that your readers might be interested in.
It contains all you need to show off your photography abilities or brag about your vacations, in my opinion. However, you can always upgrade for more color options and the removal of credits. Live Demo
Camille Blogger Theme for Fashion, Beauty, and Makeup Niches
Camille is a simple and quick-loading Blogger template. Because it is a versatile theme with responsive features, your blog will look great on any device. If you want to start a fashion, beauty, or make-up blog, go no further than Camille.
Camille has the following features:
- Ads-ready template with an awesome header
- There are three footer columns.
- Sharing on social media
- Drop-down menu that is responsive
- Breadcrumbs for navigation
- Theme with a minimalist and 3D look.
- Make a portfolio, a magazine, or an all-purpose blog.
Camille is a WordPress theme with all of the functionality you’d expect. If you have a WordPress site, there is also a version for WordPress. It is, however, a premium edition that requires a one-time payment of $59.
Infinity Portfolio Free Blogger Template for Agencies & Freelancers
It’s the most recent on-page blogger theme, and it’s ideal for a wide range of firms and freelancers. Use Google’s Blogger to present your portfolio and look more professional than before. It’s also jam-packed with cool features like testimonials, services, and projects.
Here’s a quick peek at the features:
- Subscription widget for email
- Drop-down menu in the vertical direction
- Above-the-fold authoritative
- Sidebars and footer column
- SEO-friendly and amp-ready
- Allow your customers to meet your team.
- Showcase your projects in a fluid manner.
- In the footer, you’ll find maps and contact information.
- Almost all browsers are supported.
- All screen sizes are highly responsive.
Infinity Portfolio is a responsive Blogger theme that allows you to interactively display your professional expertise.
You’ll also get a nice variety of appealing drawings and slideshows with the design. If you’re a freelancer or an agency owner, this stylish, modern, and clean Blogger template is for you. Live Demo
Kaplan Blogger Template for News, Automotive, or Gossip Blogs
It’s a simple Blogger theme that’s ideal for news, auto, or gossip blogs. Kaplan is the most recent addition to ColorLib’s list. It allows you to show off a variety of blog content from various categories. On the right, there’s a slide featuring popular posts, comments, tags, and more.
There are a few features you should be aware of.
- On the top, there are buttons for pages and social media profiles.
- Labels are used to classify blog content.
- With a variety of widgets, right-slide
- After the hover, there are social sharing buttons.
- Contact-us area that is easy to navigate.
There are three columns in the footer where you may put a little ‘about’ text, contact information, and more. Live Demo
Change the look of your website
If you wish to modify the appearance of your website, you may do so easily by changing the template.
- Like I did below, click on the ‘Theme‘.
- To the right of the ‘Customize’ button, click the down arrow.
- Select ‘Restore’ from the menu.
- Upload the theme you have chosen for your blog
You may also customize any theme by selecting it and clicking the ‘Customize’ option. For this demo, I’ve picked the ‘Polar’ theme. However, depending on your niche, you can select a Blogger template.
Blogger’s logo and favicon can be changed.
Of course, the default logo will be Blogger’s. To make your free Blogger site look professional, you must now submit your logo and Favicon. To accomplish this,
- From the dashboard, go to ‘Layout‘ and click the ‘Change Cover‘ button in the left sidebar of the blogger dashboard.
- Choose a blog cover from a variety of Blogger layouts.
- In the ‘Cover picture‘ box, upload your logo.
To upload your Favicon, click here.
- From the left bar, select ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down and click on ‘Favicon.’
- Select a file and save it as your Favicon.
But how are you going to make your logo and Favicon? Of course, Canva is the solution.
- Find out how big your logo is (already uploaded in a template)
- Visit Canva.
- Choose a custom size by clicking on ‘Create a Design.’
Start designing your logo or Favicon for free with Canva’s extensive tools. Canva is a user-friendly design platform for non-designers, including free design elements, templates, and more.
Blogger: Add Posts & Featured Images
Start adding content to your free Blogger website now that it’s up and running. Posts and featured photographs can be added.
You can use Canva to produce free pictures for beautiful photos once more. It does, however, offer premium subscriptions with additional features.
Here’s how to include featured photographs in your articles.
- Go to the ‘Post’ area of your Blogger dashboard’s left column.
- Select ‘Add New‘ from the drop-down menu. And it will seem as follows:
So, for your blog post, choose any number of appropriate photographs or utilize Canva to produce one for free.
Go to ‘Settings‘ and then ‘Post Settings‘ to select the proper image size for your post thumbnail.
Create the Menu in Blogger
If you haven’t already, you should add some layout to your free Blogger blog. The most effective method is to design a menu for your website.
In the left sidebar, select ‘Layout‘ and then ‘Add a Gadget.’ Continue scrolling until you reach this section:
Drag ‘Menu‘ to the right. You’re good to go after making a couple of changes. That’s how simple it is to make a menu on your free Blogspot website.
Add Social Links in Blogger
As your Blogger free blog takes shape, the next logical step is to include social media sharing buttons. It will boost your social proof and raise your readers’ faith in you.
You’ll also start promoting yourself on social media. Using Blogger, you may add social links to your free website.
- On the left sidebar, click ‘Layout’ and then ‘Add a Gadget.‘
- Include connections to your social media accounts.
You can also create your own social media icons for free with Canva. Alternatively, you can download some of the copyright-free icons. I don’t need to build social media icons because the theme I chose for this example already includes them.
These pages are necessary for dealing with legal issues and for search engines like Google to index your site. These pages can be written by you, but it will take a lot of time and knowledge.
So why not take use of H-Supertools? Here’s how it’s done:
- H-Supertools is a great place to start.
- Go to the menu and select ‘Web Tools.’
- Enter the name and address of your website.
Create a conditions page for your website using the free Terms & Conditions Generator.
In Blogger, create the About and Contact pages.
It’s time to fill in the blanks on your free Blogger website with more information about yourself and your business. To add any page to Blogger, follow these steps:
- Go to ‘Pages‘ in the left menu
- Click New Page
- Give the page a name (About & Contact in this instance)
- Fill in the blanks with pertinent information.
- In the top right corner of the dashboard, select Save, Preview Page, or Publish.
In the same way, you may make a contact page. However, you may need to use Blogger’s widget library to add a “Contact” widget.
Your Free Blogger Website Can Now Have a Custom Domain
If you’re like me, you might wish to remove the.blogspot.com component from your site’s URL. You could wish to add a custom domain name for it, and here’s how.
- Go to ‘Settings‘
- Click on ‘Custom Domain‘
- Add your custom domain and click ‘Save.’
If you don’t already have a domain name, Stomerhost is a good place to start. Change the DNS settings as instructed by Blogger when you first added your custom domain name.
“But, you said I could create a website for free with Blogger.”
Yes, you are correct. By now, you’ve created a free blog on Blogspot. You might want to generate some money online to get a free custom domain. Here’s how it’s done:
Other options are completely free. On Freenom, for example, you can get a free.tk domain or a free name.
Make Money: Add an Affiliate Banner to Blogger Using HTML Code
Until now, you’ve just used Blogger to establish a free website. Congratulations on your achievement! However, you may choose to add affiliate banners to your website in order to profit from your free blog. Isn’t it fantastic? As a result,
- Go to the affiliate marketing program or network that you’re a part of.
- Log in to your Blogger account and copy the code of any affiliate banner.
- Place a widget wherever you’d like the banner to appear.
- Copy and paste your banner’s code.
That’s all there is to it! Your free Blogspot website now includes an affiliate banner link.
Take a look at these top affiliate marketing tools to get your business off to a great start.
As soon as your blog receives traffic, you’ll begin making money. There are several free strategies to immediately increase traffic to your blog.
To generate visitors to your website, you might employ social media and SEO tactics. You can also utilize paid advertisements on social media search ads on Google. Be patient, as it takes time to attract a significant amount of traffic to your site in order to make money online.
conclusion – How to Make a Free Website in 2022 Using Blogspot
When you Google “build a free website,” you’ll often find sites that are offering something else. As a result, they do not offer to create a gratis website for free.
Fortunately, you still have time. Didn’t read because it was too long? Take a look at the following summary:
- Sign up for a Google Account and then log in to Blogger.
- Install one of the most popular Blogger templates for free.
- Change the logo and Favicon for a more professional appearance (Design them on Canva for free)
- Create a menu and include social media links (Go to widgets for that)
- Include ‘About’ and ‘Contact’ pages (the latter should have a ‘Contact’ widget).
- Create a unique domain (if you want to)
- Add an affiliate banner to your website (with HTML code widget)
Is there something I’m missing? Please let me know in the comments section below.
- Affiliate Marketing (21)
- Content Monetization (39)
- Entrepreneurship (13)
- Search Engine Optimization (20)