Nowadays, all companies seek to have a digital presence to increase their visibility through social networks, showcase sites or platforms dedicated to their activities.
In the process of digital transformation, companies are asking themselves several questions. But the one that comes up most often is how to be visible and well positioned on search engines so that our target finds us when they are looking for us.
Our journey of several years of experience in the field of web and mobile platform design and support in SEO audit procedures, gives us the advantage and allows us to shed light on best practices to improve SEO…
Throughout this article, we will talk about the essential elements that condition the position in the search engine results and what to act on in a precise way in order to optimize your SEO.
Let’s go !
In an optimization and natural referencing (SEO) approach, there are three 3 axes on which we can act, namely:
- The technique
- The On page (The Content)
- The Off Page (Popularity and backlinks)
We will see in more detail all the essential elements of each axis in the following lines:
Part I: The Technique
Optimizing a website starts long before it goes live. There is some preliminary work that needs to be done in order to save more time instead of starting all over again. Many websites today are penalized for not taking into account several elements during the design and development phase.
The essential elements on which we must act to be sure of having a site that is technically optimized are the following:
- We must pay attention to the structure of the code to be safe from the surprises of search engines
- Choose a simple and optimized domain name that brings back to the activity of your company
- Secure the site with the SSL certificate to increase its credibility
- Ensure that the design is responsive and suitable for any type of device
- Make the regular updating of the site and all components, modules and plugins
- Ensure good loading speed and page weight by optimizing the media
- Use short, secure and precise urls
Part II: The On page or the Content
This part is very important, because most of the work is going to happen here. This is all about the behavior of your site in general and our pages in particular. To succeed in this part, you have to put in place a good content strategy and rely on the relevance of the content produced. The elements on which we can act are:
- Set up a good keyword strategy
- Take care of your <title> tags
- Prioritize the content of your pages <Hn>
- Add the <ALT> tag to your media content
- Put a meta description for each page
- Have rich, relevant and unique text content
- Ensure good readability of the content
- Provide access to your site map or sitemap
Part III: The Off page or even Popularity and backlinks
When it comes to natural referencing (SEO), the age of the site also matters. Because keyword strategy is a long tail, it can take time.
The idea here is to succeed in creating relevant and unique content and seek to position ourselves on a relevant keyword of our activity over time in order to establish great popularity and be visible for each relevant query entered.
The elements to be taken into account on this axis are:
- The age of your site ( domain name )
- Have several external links (backlinks) that redirect to our site
- Seek to be referenced on the platforms of your locality and Google My Business as well
The positioning on the results is not a pure coincidence, it is rather a work which requires a good strategy upstream and downstream that the website is set up.
In this process, we must always seek to create unique and relevant content for readers by playing on the keywords relevant to our activity.
Nothing is lost in advance, which is important these days, that there are tools that allow us to know at each level how our site or platform behaves, which we will see in another article.
Maybe you weren’t aware of the importance of all of these elements and therefore we understand that you didn’t factor all of this into your content strategy.
But don’t panic!
We are already supporting companies that are in the same situation as you by offering them personalized audits of their platform and acting on each of the elements mentioned in this article in order to increase their visibility and optimize their SEO positioning on search engines.